The goal of the Pure Hedge Fund is to offer investment stability and downside protection while growing investors’ purchasing power. We aim to deliver returns above inflation over the medium term.
The Pure Hedge Fund has never had a negative year since its inception in July 1998.
The Pure Hedge Fund is suitable for you if:
- You want to achieve stable returns that exceed inflation and protect your capital
- You are comfortable to assume a low level of market risk
- You are ideally investing for at least two years
Value of R1 invested on 1 July 1998
Important information on the calculation of net returns and risk measures:
- The calculation of net returns and the risk measures comprises data from the inception of the Peregrine Capital Pure Hedge en Commandite Partnership on 1 July 1998 until 30 November 2016, thereafter the data relates to the Peregrine Capital Pure Hedge H4 QI Hedge Fund (“Pure Hedge Fund”).
- The Pure Hedge Fund does not have a benchmark and does not contribute towards the return of the ASISA South African Multi Asset – Low Equity Category.
- The South African Multi Asset – Low Equity Category is defined in the ASISA Standard on Fund Classification for South African Regulated Collective Investment Scheme Portfolios.
- The market value-weighted average return of portfolios in the ASISA South African Multi Asset – Low Equity Category from 1 February 2000 to 31 January 2013, was the market value-weighted average return of the funds in the Domestic Asset Allocation Prudential Low Equity sector of the previous ASISA Fund Classification Standard.